Hi everyone, the homework this time is a project that will take two class sessions.
You are going to create a MINI COMIC.
Here is how to do it:
1. Start with a couple of 8 1/2" x 11" sheets of paper, follow the directions below to create your single page templates, fold several sheets so that you have room to experiment.
2. You focus should be on creating a narrative that describes a process, here are some sample ideas: making a sandwich, how to relax, what to do in an emergency.
3. The characters you use should be of your own design.
4. Pay attention to creating depth by adding foreground, middle ground and background when possible. Try to change the the viewpoint: closeup, wide shot, mid shot etc....
5. On Tuesday I will be looking for a penciled, rough draft. The final inked one will be due at the end of class on Thursday. You may color your comic but keep in mind that the comic must look good when printed out in Black and white, this is how you will be graded, and how others will read your stories.
6. Have fun!