Here is a break down of what you created.
1. A one page mini foldable that is blank. (Hold onto this we will use it next week).
2. A Booklet made of magazine pages that had some of the pages painted over with Gesso. (Hold onto this, we will use it later).
3. A single page from an old book that served as a background for a stenciled object.(This you glued into your sketchbook).
4. Everyone covered an envelope with two collage elements and drawings. The envelope was turned into me, I will mail it back to the college and bring them into class when I get them.
5. In your sketchbook you experimented with watercolor on wax crayon and colored pencils that were blended with a Q-tip and Un-Natural Turpenoid.
6. Lastly, in your sketchbook, you created an ink monster that required you to blow the ink around the page with a straw. (some of you used a little to much ink...) After the ink was dry, black markers were used to add shoes, hands, eyes or even wings. Check out
the work of Stefan G. Bucher, he has created hundreds of monsters the same way.
I gave you a pre stapled white booklet, your job is to fill it with doodles or an organized story that you will fill with drawings using all of the topics that came from the story cubes. Using only a pencil is fine, if you decide to ink, be careful because the paper is thin.
bolt of lightning
Have fun with the booklet if you have questions please email me.